In home and community support | NDIS
Help at home and in the community - GREENSBOROUGH and surrounding areas
This service provides the day-to-day support to help you get on with your life.
Mind offers two types of service under Help at home and in the community: a mental health coach and mentor model provided by Mind staff with specialised qualifications, and a personal assistance model provided through our partnership with WISE Employment.
Mental health coach and mentor model
Your Mind worker comes to you to help you build skills and confidence in daily life activities.
You decide what you want help with, but commonly people get help to:
- manage daily household tasks and take care of themselves
- learn about cooking healthy meals and get assistance with shopping
- support them to use public transport and engage in community activities, or
- help manage appointments with other care providers.
Personal assistance model
Your support worker helps you with daily life activities.
The kinds of things you can ask for help with include:
- completing daily household tasks
- personal care
- meal planning, shopping and cooking
- making and getting to appointments and activities (doctors, social workers, Centrelink, etc.)
- attending social outings and recreation activities
- using public transport and building confidence to get out on your own.